Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth Craziness !

I have to say that I love the fourth of July. It is one of my favorite holidays, and not because I ever do anything specatular, which is precisely why I love it. It is a laid back summer day with barbeques, watermelon, wakeboarding, and family. Not to mention summer evenings are my favorite, you know when you are all exhausted from playing hard all day and your skin is warm from the days hot sun and the sun is setting... oh! Perfect! maybe throw in a little Dashboard. That's a good ending to a summer day. Plus laying on the grass watching the fireworks.

Speaking of fireworks, and I the only one or is there anyone out there that likes the smell ? kind of like the smell of gasoline, nothing that you'd dab on your neck as you walk out the door but it still smells good?!

Anyhow a bunch of random thoughts from my mind..now here is a bunch of random pictures from our weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's me catching some sweet air... really is was just good timing of the camera, visual effects ;)

Photobucket
Yes, I was worried about getting pooped on. There were hundreds of birds on the lake- this pic maybe shows 1/3 of them.

Photobucket

Me and my boy Bryce (11mns) and Des my elderly sis and her boy Jack (1.5 years) Funny how Bryce and Jack are the same size.


Photobucket

Mom's still rocking!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Brandon hasn't been wakeboarding that long but he is quickly catching on.. did get and good pics of him jumping but he did throw a few in! We miss Andy, my bro on a mission in Australia.. he used manage a few back flips. What a stud


Photobucket

Now for tubing! Above is Blake (Brandons Bro), Naters peeking his head out (my Sis's hubby) and then Connor my youngest bro. Below is the King of the Castle who gets joy out of tossing his kids around in seaweed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Above and below is Blake, Connor and Brandon flying of the edge... the second pic was just seconds after the first... My Dad was giggling :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh and Bryce was a little trooper on the boat. This was actually his first boat ride if you don't count my pregnancy last summer. I wouldn't say he loved it, but for all the wind and water he was pretty happy.

Photobucket

Des, Me and Brandon off for some arm tearing fun.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Addi and Syd had fun at the docks and swam with Grandma! They are the funnies little girlies. I love how their bellies poke out with no reservations. And yes, they always match. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a BBQ at my parents with my GG Harding and Aunt Karen and Cuz Katie, we headed over to the Nielsen's for the CSI fireworks and a little display by Blake.
Photobucket

This was Addi's first sparkler, by her nervous giggle, I could tell she loved it! You can tell by her hair we had a long, good day.

5 comments:

Des said...

AAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- hilarious how we picked same pictures...wrote similar stories....hehehe I love ya. cute pics. thanks for taking them all. I wasn't even going to pull out my dinky camera after I saw that you guys were taking picture. gotta get me one of those :)

Isaak and Jackie said...

looks like so much fun! You are a pro at the water sports what fun. When do you guys head to CA for school? Wish to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had tonz of fun, I'm so jealous that you got to spend time on the lake. I'm dying to get out!! The grandma & grandpa harding in my post are my mom and dad :) can get confusing!!

Kurt and Michelle said...

SO MUCH FUN!! We too love boating, it is always such a treat. We miss you guys and wish you the best of luck in Cali. I talked to my friend Aubrey Richardson and she said she saw you guys down there when you were looking at housing, I really think you will have fun with her, good luck and we hope to see you guys soon.

Val said...

Fun! Just wondering if your family is taking applications for adoption...you guys always seem to be having a blast!