Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wrap up of summer

Well Summer is not quit over, especially here in Cali but there are a few things that I wanted to blog about and never did...
First of all Addison turned 3 clear back in June! She is just a delightful little girl, very sweet, talkative, tone deaf, active, and goofy. It has been so fun to raise her. I remember when I first found out that I was pregnant I was so scared, I had know idea how to be a mother. But after I had her, I remember thinking just how much I loved her and that I knew she was going to be one fo the most important people in my life for forever and how could I have lived the previous 20 years not knowing my little best friend? And she has been such a good little friend to me. It cracks me up when she copies me such as if I and wearing flip flops she Has to wear hers too. Or if I am wearing a dress she Has to wear a dress too. I love it when she gets mad and says "Brandon you be nice to mommy!" (she occasionally calls me Aubrey as well.) She is a funny little chic-let.
I wanted to do a fun birthday party so Addi especially because she had so many cute little friends and lived right in Twin with all her family. I had this BBQ and Bounce house, Slip-in-slide, and tot pool for the hot evening. AND then it stormed! I was bummed! The party had to be moved inside after only about 1/2 hour. We still had fun and the Costco cake was much better than I could have made.
Photobucket
The Glorious bounce house! Annie, Addison, and Josh just before the storm...you can see the clouds in the background.
Photobucket
Yumm... Costco cake. I love their fillings.
Photobucket
Fun friends!
Photobucket
Giselle, my triathlon buddy and Addi's friend Josh
Photobucket
She received a bunch of fun toys and loved playing with the babies. Grandma Harding was a sport to let us use their crib and Grandma Nielsen gave Addi this hallarious kids mp3 that she still loves to dance to.
When I blogged a little bit about Blakes homecoming with the bbq that we had but I left out some fun family pictures. Before his homecoming we went to Grandma Nielsens grave. Unfortunately Blake was still on his mission while Grandma passed away, and I think this was one of his first times at the grave. It is a beautiful site, and has a picture of the Salt Lake Temple were Willadean and Danny were married and also showcases some dancers, Willadean life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Family pictures at the temple.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristi M. said...

I am so glad to hear that Addison also calls you by your first names. It must be an age thing. Gunnar does it all the time to the point until recently Jeff and Kristi was all that he called us. It drove me nuts. I felt like he was more of a collegue than my son. What an exciting adventure you guys are on.