Thursday, August 27, 2009

Slight adjustments

almost caught up....
Photobucket

Our move to California on Aug 4th.... yes Bryce's one year birthday! So sorry little monster. (I am planning on doing a birthday cake one of these nights.) Anyhow, the move was a long one, but successful. We are now in the LA area paying way too much for a two bedroom apartment. But it is nice, remodeled but the same price as anything else around here. The first bit was hard. I was so grateful that Brock and Blake helped us with the drive and the unloading because we did know but 2 people here and they were out of town! So to thank them we took them all around the area including the beach-- Brock and I rocked Blake and Brandon in some beach volleyball (well not really rocked but beat), Six flags, and an Anaheim angels game. Brock and Blake bought Bryce is pimpin angel hat! It is so cute and he actually leaves it on!

After that week, once I was done packing the rain came out! And just as I predicted once all the hustle and bustle of packing, moving and unpacking stopped that it would really hit that had move over 900 miles away from dear family and friends to a roaring city. Like I said we knew a few people but didn't have numbers and some were out of town. It doesn't seem likely that you can get lonely in an area like this with thousand of people within miles, but I did. And I let Brandon know but suddenly bursting into tears while we were driving around looking for something to do. He was so surprised but I have been holding it all in and being positive like a good little girl until this moment. I bawled in the passengers side and all that he could do was rub my head... which was sweet but annoying. So I called my mom and des and and whined to them. Then I noticed that we had pulled up in front of the Brea mall. (One good thing around here is the shopping...no wonder everyone here is bankrupt along with the state! okay.. that might be slightly over generalized) The Brea mall is very nice, tonz of stores and Brea the city is just gorgeous. We stopped at the mall to look around and Brandon let me splurg on a new dress.. why does that cheer girls up? I don't know but had a renewed determination to look at the positives and keep happy.

I have been happy even though situations are not ideal... but hey, I am not the only one to ever do this, just have to live poor, keeping praying,and be positive! And honestly life isn't so bad. I have very little stress now that I am at home with my kids. I have loved this aspect. I am running with a group of girls in the morning who are training for a 1/2 marathon. I am still not convinced that I can do it too... we shall see. I joined in on the training over half way through their training schedule so am behind and honestly and not the best and running for hours.. its just never been a desire- hence the triathlon this summer. Mixing it up just keeps it interesting. But I am going to keep training and just see. So yes, life is good here in Cali. It took some adjusting, but we are a happy little family here.

Photobucket
Bryces fun hat.. Thanks uncles!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
A day at Huntington. Bryce played for hours in the sand, he loves the soft warmth squishing in his toes. He was pretty fearless as well, he charged straight into the water. Which is scary because as you can tell the waves are so strong even if they are up to his knees they will plow him over. And for some reason he thought that the sand was a delectable treat. He stuck his face straight in to the sand and ate big bites, numerous times. He pooped sand littlerally for the next week. That can't be good on the colon?!
Photobucket
Addi loves her floaties and surf (kick) board. She really enjoys the beach as well. We chase the waves down the run back up before they bite our heels! We also look for seashells or 'clams' as she calls them. She loves sponge bob square pants for some odd reason and actually has learn alot about the beach from it. She always asks to see the crabs and clams.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
Our little spot on the beach for the day. This beach is huge, very deep away from the surf and forever long.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A whole new world of water, sand, and seaweed to explore! yuck.
Photobucket
Bryce was getting so close to walking at 1 year! So close.. he actually was taking 5-6 steps at a time for about 2 months be was just a little timid to take off!

5 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

HI Aubrey! You take such great pics...I love the first one especially.

I know what you are feeling...having moved so far away from family and friends. We moved across the country...and to top it off our ward is full of old people...I can count on one hand the young couples in the ward and they live about 20 minutes away...so I was bummed by that. But it really has been such a great experience being out on our own and really just relying on our little family of three. It is fun to see that you can make a little place of your own in this world no matter where you go...and eventhough our ward wasn't what I had hoped for as far as young couples to play with, it is also so reassuring to know the church is TRUE wherever you go..we totally felt at ease and at home the first Sunday we walked in and that was a relief.

I don't feel completely myself and settled without my family nearby...I won't be able to be away forever...they are just too much a part of me to not be able to see them at least once a month...but for now I can deal with once or twice a year.

Wow...I am just pouring my heart out here..haha...but it will get better...and it already has for you...once you get a routine and get to know your surrounding and find your spots around town then it will start to feel like home..away from home. Get out there and explore and just take in everything and soak everything up in your new place...every place in this world has so many great things to offer!

Anyhow...my goal was to just let you know that I understood what you were feeling. :)Now..model the new dress you got to splurge on!

Lara said...

Can I have your legs? Thanks.

Unknown said...

Your camera is amazing! Love the pics at the beach and Bryce in the angels cap...so cute! I'll bet you could definitely do the 1/2 marathon...I can't believe how much you are already run with those girls! Pretty impressive.

Kurt and Michelle said...

Love the pictures, the beach is always so much fun!! Moving away is hard but in no time you will love it!! There is nothing like being completely on your own, there is nobody around but each other! Look at it this way, at least you don't have to survive the awful Idaho winters:)

Unknown said...

Bryce is already one?! That's crazy! I'm jealous of the beach! Beautiful! And your pics are so cute! You can definitely do a 1/2 marathon. I'll let you know if I survive mine this weekend! :)